Here's a few scraps of water color paintings Hannah has done in the past two weeks. She went to Hobby Lobby with me one day and spent $11 on "THE B*E*S*T WATER COLORS E*V*E*R!"
Even my stick figures look bad. I couldn't be this accurate with a crayola marker. How in the world she is doing this with paint brushes, I have no idea.
But the point is, she has fun drawing faces. Even though she thinks they aren't perfect, that is irrelevant. She is enjoying this playful time. She's too old for Barbies, she thinks. So this is a perfect way for a teenager to play dress-up and make-up and hair studio, all fresh from her mind.
Tara (12), Hannah (14), and their sweet bud Lavonna.
What in the WORLD am I going to do when she is all growed up? 3 1/2 years and she will be E*I*G*H*T*E*E*N. That's why I tell her not to watch TV all afternoon once her schoolwork is done. These years should not be wasted. So draw, paint, scuplt weird objects out of salt dough, Hannah. Before you start driving and working and going to community college in 2 years, I want you to just enjoy yourself.

3 insights:
She's a budding artist!
I just showed these to my daughter (9) and now she is pulling out the water colors (gee thanks :)
Came over from Courtneys blog...thanks for sharing your story.
I just sent a small donation..wish it could be more, but know that I will be praying for your family throughout today.
Many Blessings!
I have a fourteen and a half year old Hannah who loves to draw. She's into anime, is an eighth grader (we had her repeat prek...gave her the gift of time) and like you, I am so not the artist. Maybe our Hannah's could communicate? beemommy58@gmail.com
also known as: http://withlovefromsumy.blogspot.com/
VERY COOL!!!
Post a Comment