Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Blog Nymph

Remember that whole story about cleaning up my blog roll on google reader. Well, I did that. No more negative, flaming, complaining blogs. It felt so clean and managable!

And then...

And THEN...

I found a crafty blog with the cutest little twirly skirt pattern.

Which led me to a blog with the cutest fabric ever designed in the history of the world.

Which led me to 20 other blogs with the most adorable fabric, patterns, and knitted leg warmers EVER.

Which led me to stay up half the night and inflate my blog roll again.

Which led me to believe I can sew.

Which led me to go to the fabric store.

Which led me to buy 7 yards of fabric (on sale of course).

Which led me to buy a half price book on the cutest knitted kids clothes.

Which led me to Michael's for their 50% off Vannah White yarn sale.

Which led me to the Deborah Norville yarn sale.

Which led me to believe I can knit my "triplets" adorable matching color-schemed Easter sweaters...yeah...by like Easter.

Which led me to believe I can make Ella the cutest dresses and skirts in the whole world wide web.

Which led me to Amy Butler fabrics.

Which led me to fabric.com.

Which led me to slap myself in the face and tell me to use the 7 yards of fabric I already bought.

Which led me to lay a pattern on the sewing table and feel overwhelmed and want to cry (I've never sewn with an actual pattern).

Which led me to start with simpler projects.

Which led me to screw up cutting with a rotary cutter.

Which led me back to the interwebs to find out how to keep my ruler from sliding.

Which led me to believe, again, that I can sew anything.

So here I am.

A sewing, knitting, crocheting blog nymph. Please hide all sales flyers to Michael's, Hancock Fabric, Joann's, and especially Hobby Lobby. Amen.

4 insights:

Kelly said...

This reminds me of one of my favorite books, "If You Give a Pig a Party". One thing does seem to lead to another and another and ...

Go for it girl!! Good for you!! :) Been there done that and I am not good at it. I made Beth two outfits right after she came and that was enough for me. I wish I could but I don't have the gift.

Can't wait to see pictures of your creations!

StarfishMom said...

If you give a mouse a cookie...

LoL :)

Burkulater said...

Oh this is so funny! I'm working on a blanket I started a year ago. I got bored and went to about 10 other things. It must be finished!!!

Anonymous said...

You are funny..

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates